Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the Practice offers a comprehensive range of healthcare services and specialist clinics:
- Ante-natal Care - the Doctors work closely with the midwives to deliver your ante-natal care. Please arrange an appointment with your Doctor if you are pregnant.
- Child Health Surveillance and Immunisations - our programme for health surveillance for all children under five includes regular developmental checks which are carried out with the assistance of the Health Visitors. We aim to give all our children maximum protection against infectious diseases. Immunisations can be given at our regular clinics (every Thursday 09:00 -10:30). If this is not convenient for you please arrange a more suitable time.
- Contraception and Sexual Health - a full range of contraceptive services are available - this includes fitting coils and caps as well as hormonal methods e.g. the pill, injections and implants. These services are also available to residents who are not registered with the Practice.
- Health Promotion - the Practice firmly believes that good health can be maintained by adopting a healthy lifestyle. Advice and encouragement are available for all our patients.
- Holiday/ Routine Vaccinations - are your tetanus and polio vaccinations up to date? If not, make an appointment to see the Nurse to have a booster dose. Holiday vaccinations are just as important- ask for details at reception
- Adult Immunisations/ Vaccinations - are your vaccinaitons up to date? If not, make an appointment to see one of our Practice Nurses to have your routine vaccinations.
- Travel Vaccinations - if you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel you need to make an appointment with one of our Practice Nurses at least two months before your planned travel. This allows time to plan and complete a course of any necessary injections
- Minor Surgery - these clinics are held on some Fridays by appointment. In these clinics minor lumps and bumps, skin tags, verrucas and warts may be removed. Please see your Doctor for further details.
- Post Natal and 6 week baby checks - a clinic is held on Tuesday afternoons between 15:00 - 16:00 by appointment.
- Smoking Cessation - we have a comprehensive programme of help if you want to stop smoking. This involves initial support to set a quit date, prescription of medication to help you to stop smoking and follow up advice to help you keep well when not smoking. Please book an appointment if you want help to quit.
- Young Person's Sexual Health Clinic - our Practice Nurse runs a drop-in clinic specifically for help and advice to under 25s about contraception, sexually transmitted infections and other related issues. You do not need an appointment. This Clinic is held on Tuesdays from 15:30 - 17:30 (note change of day). Please speak to the Receptionist first.
- Health Promotion - the Practice firmly believes that good health can be maintained by adopting a healthy lifestyle. Advice and encouragement are available for all our patients. Free NHS Health Checks are available for all our patients aged 40-74 years.